Monday, March 16, 2009

Information Report on Spiders

Here is the agreed criteria we will use to self assess our information reports on spiders. We decided on most of the criteria and Annie added three more. They were ...
The subject and verb agree. eg 'A spider is a harmful or helpful creature.' or 'Spiders are part of the Arachnid family.
I have used doing words (verbs) in the present tense eg is, are,have, has, live, spin.
I have used plurals (more than one) and articles (a/an) correctly

Here is the criteria we will assess our work on...

My Self-Assessment Sheet for my Science Report on Spiders

My writing gives the reader information about spiders
I have used a title to show what my report is about
I have written details to describe spiders
I have written a conclusion (optional)
I have used describing words (adjectives)
I have used joining words (conjunctions)
I have used doing words (verbs) in the present tense eg is, are, have, has, live, spin
I have planned my writing
I have used correct sentences
The doing words (verbs) are the same in my report (present)
The subject and verb agrees eg
. ‘A spider is a harmful or helpful creature.’ or ‘Spiders are part of the Arachnid family.’
I have used plurals ( more than one) and articles (a / an) correctly

I have used capital letters, full stops and other punctuation correctly

I have checked my spelling, sampled in the margin and corrected my mistakes

1 comment:

M Webb said...

I think its really powerful that you published this online. Of course its there for the students and parents to see but I am sure that teachers will also view this as well! (and probably think ah what a great idea I should be borrowing that!)
Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato.