Thursday, June 12, 2008

China Tea




Today we had Sean's (from Room 9) Mum in to tell us all about China Tea. It is believed that Chinese people have enjoyed drinking tea for 4000 years. For a long time, tea was used as an herbal medicine. During the Western Zhou Dynasty, tea was a religious offering. During the Spring and Autumn Period, people ate fresh tea leaves as vegetables. Tea as a drink got popular in the Tang dynasty and tea shops began to appear.
Today we tried Wulong and scented tea (jasmine).
Tea is drunk for these reasons...
  • medicinal

  • relaxation

  • celebrations

1 comment:

WPS Tipuranga Room 13 said...

Your blog is AMAZING Room 10 :)
I am really interested in the chinese herbal teas. Sometimes I find it tricky to sleep at night. Could you suggest a tea that would be best for me to drink before I go to bed to help me relax?
When you have time Annie I'd love to have you show me how to do all the great stuff you've discovered for your blog to help me with Room 12's.
- Raewyn