Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Haunted House

One dark and stormy night my friend and I were walking along Shadow Lane when all of a sudden, we had been swallowed by a bunch of dark trees. A while later, we came up to a black mansion guarded by a gloomy chain link fence. I felt like screaming but no words came out. Bits of cracked window glass were dangling from slimy green moss. Peeling black paint was clinging onto a dried wooden door. Knocking on it would have been one of the last things I wanted to do. I turned around and realised that my friend had fainted. Sparky lightning screeched down from the gloomy dark sky. This was my worst nightmare!

Lamp lights flashed calling me inside, SUDDENLY! The door creaked open and the steps lifted me INSIDE!!! There I stood in front of a green crackling fire. All of a sudden it started laughing at me. Lanterns started swaying. SLAM! I looked over my shoulder. The door had slammed shut.

Out of the corner of my eye, right there in the corner stood a broom ‘yes’, I thought. I was going to put the fire out with it but… as I touched the broom it lifted me high into the air…Then dropped me. I ran to the door and opened it, but before I could step out of the room the broomstick whistled to me and lifted me high into the air again and right out of the room.
"HELP", I yelled could this night get any worse!

Yet again, I was standing before a howling corridor with cob webs in every corner. I looked up and the lights in the attic were flashing on and off. Crackling music was coming from up that ladder. Before I knew it, my legs had taken me halfway up the ladder, even though my head was thinking the exact opposite way to go. Popping my head up the trapdoor, funky music wafted through my insides and I found myself dancing to the enchanted music. Suddenly the music stopped and several ghosts came out of the middle of nowhere. They swayed through and around me, as if protecting something.
“OH NO!" I cried.
I found myself run straight out the door and into the misty outside air.
Breakfast was what I wanted after this terrible spooky night.




No comments: