Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Haunted House

I knew it. the house was in the newspaper. i glanced up and strolled out of the house.
Mum yelled, “WHERE ARE you going?”
“Oh” I gasped. out”, and I shut the door behind me. I stared to rain and clouds filled the sky. I looked at my watch it was 8:00. I galloped down Drunken Lane and in the corner of my eye, Isaw it. I gasped in horror.

I stood there, shivering under the shelter of the house. I walked a few paces away. spiders were crawling the crackling glass. There was peeling paint. I walked in. The door creaked opened and shut with a bang. I stared at the painting on the wall. It had a knife sticking into it. Blood dripped from the knife. The lights were flicking on and off in the attic. There was a chair sitting near the roaring fire and a shadow came out of it.

I went stiff. He pointed a dirty, smelly, old finger at me. I screamed, but no sound came out. The shadow said “We have been expecting you “. He flew at me with red blood shot eyes. Suddenly he grabbed a sythe and pointed it at me. I took a go at the door, but it was locked. I was cornered. I keep banging at the door but still it would not open. I stared at death. the only escape was the attic. He gave a shot at me with his sythe. I dodged it and headed to the attic with a sigh of relief.

As I was running up the creaky stairs, a cackling started. I dared to go up but I had to because death was following me up the stairs. I could not believe my eyes. A dozen red–eyed skeletons filled the room. I twisted my head round like a squeaky bolt. I was face to face with death. His warm horrible breath was filled with rage. The skeltons started a death chant. Death was walking towards me. The skeletons were banging their feet. Death was wheeling in on me!. A guillotine!
"Come, come put your head in THE GUILLOTINE."
I dived into a nearby duct an ran out of the house. the chanting of the skeletons rolled through my mind rapidly.

No comments: