Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Earthquake!

I felt a violent shaking beneath my feet, then the house started to sway. Things fell to the floor and smashed. Mum was screaming for us to get under the table. I heard the baby crying as I ducked under and held tight. When it was over, we listened for Civil Defence on the radio. Slowly, I crawled from under the table. It was a horrible sight, the kitchen was a bomb site. There was a gaping hole and rubble on the ground, the pots and pans were everywhere. Glasses were smashed and there were bits of glass all over the floor. I walked to my bedroom. It was worse than the kitchen. My wardrobe was flat on the floor, my bunks were on their side and it's blankets eyerywhere. My version of the family crest was smashed on the ground. I ran to the window and the footpath was piled high with rubble!

No comments: