Monday, August 31, 2009

What is an Earthquake?

We looked at lots of models for explanations from reading books and exemplars.
Then we wrote success criteria we wrote for our explanations..,.

  • I wrote a title (a question)
  • I wrote an introduction - said what an earthquake is
  • I used paragraphs to organise my ideas
  • I used cause and effect
  • I used an ending (summary)- include the main points or an interesting comment about earthquakes
  • I used different sentences and sentence beginnings
  • I used earthquake words - eg faults, S-waves, p-waves, tremor,
  • I used verbs (doing words) like shakes, trembles, rumbles, clash
  • I wrote in present tense - now
  • I used capitals, full stops, commas, question marks in the right places
  • My explanation was clear and easy to read
  • I used a bibliography ( a list of books, web sites)
  • I sampled and corrected some words on my own
  • I checked my explanation ( proof-read)
  • I changed some sentences to make them better (edits)
  • I self or peer assessed

No comments: